While parenting any child will bring a range of joys and challenges, these difficult early experiences can make parenting these adopted children additionally challenging.
You might find that talking to a Social Worker with experience and knowledge of adoption issues, or participating in some Post Placement training or information sessions could help.
- You may want help in talking to your child about adoption.
- You may want help in talking to your child about their birth family.
- You may want additional information about your child’s background.
- You may be concerned about your child’s behaviour or education.
- You may be concerned about contact.
- You may want additional professional support.
- You may need reassurance or advice.
Children and Young People
- You might wonder why you were adopted.
- You might have questions or concerns about your birth family.
- You might have questions or concerns about contact.
- You might want to talk to someone who is not in your family.
We also have the following range of leaflets for your information: